ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Re: rendering slowing internet connection

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Richard Angle
Re: rendering slowing internet connection
on Mar 18, 2014 at 12:49:59 am

But I truly don't get the connection between the two. To me, it seems that internet connection speed should remain constant even if I am taxing my CPU at the same time. Think of it this way. A fast internet connection is available regardless of the computer's CPU computing potential. If I were to have a much older model computer on a 56k modem, I'd suspect this performance. But put the same old box on a modern broadband connection and it should fly as far as general web surfing. No? I'm not talking about using graphics heavy programs. And even if I was, what does graphics processing have to do with internet connection speeds? Simply "surfing" the web slows to unimaginable speeds while encoding in both Premiere and Media Encoder and it's like night and day and every single time. What does CPU potential have to do with the potential of the internet connection speed? Seems to me that they should not affect each other. They never interfere with each other while using other applications. They certainly never did in my old FCP days. Any help in understanding this on a truly technical level is very much appreciated.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]