ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Re: Learning Premiere Pro from Vegas

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Vincent Levalois
Re: Learning Premiere Pro from Vegas
on Aug 28, 2013 at 10:24:07 pm

I'm very aware that Premiere Pro is not Vegas and I understand that PP is considered to be a more "professional" tool as well. However, my needs are not that of a major production house doing big dollar jobs. I'm mainly looking to learn it to remain versatile and relevant all the while understanding the differences between solutions.

It's only natural to compare one thing to another when you move laterally between apps like this. I'm used to doing something as seemingly simple as cross-fade one clip to another by dragging one clip over the other and letting the app produce an automated fade based on defaults I've preset. I do that a lot because of the nature of a lot the work I do, which is to take dozens of short clips (High School football plays for example) and combining them to produce a video composed to music, with slow downs and speed ups, effects, etc. I know that PP can do everything I need it to do and more I'm sure, but the very first thing I try to do with PP is a drag and cross-fade and it can't do that. Bummer for me I know, and I have had to learn how to do that all over again in PP based on its workflow, but it also means that it would take me MUCH longer to accomplish the same result, that's all. Now I've learned one of its limitations for my purposes and I can move on to learning the next thing.

Again, I'm not choosing apps, I'm just learning about a new one to a) see if it's easier to use and switch and b) learn something new.

Win7 Pro - Sony Vegas Pro 12

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]