ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Re: Premier pro is rendering slow on my Z820

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

EricBowen
Re: Premier pro is rendering slow on my Z820
on Aug 12, 2013 at 3:24:22 pm

The reason greater than 16GB of ram is important is Adobe's caching models for codecs change based on available ram. What is also a factor is how much open ram is available for the CUDA buffers in system ram. This will decide how many frames are cached and sent to the GPU ram at one time. The more threads you have the greater amount of ram you want to manage this otherwise you lose allot of the power of the Dual Xeon. This does not just have an effect in AE because you assign ram per thread. You just have more control there because of that.

Hyperthreading is a moderated function. The OS will not use it or do whats called core parking when it feels Hyperthreading is not needed or counter productive. The ACPI in the bios also effects this. Some boards currently are to aggressive to turn that off and this shows far more on Dual Xeons because they often run with far less load than single CPU workstations. If you turn the Core Parking off in the registry then that will stop the OS control on this.

DPX has far greater disk throughput requirement than AVCHD or H264 and also ram buffering. This means the data per frame is significantly higher and your network packeting will slow the entire encoding process down due to the encode and decode process. I can verify DPX multithreads fine with encoding from Red Media on local drives. This is something specific to the current limits of your config. We and other have done significant testing on major changes in Mpeg 2 encoding completely based on the amount of ram available. The encoding performance will increase by 50% when you reach a certain point on ram available and the caching model changes. Adobe has Optimized Mpeg 4 codecs with regards to ram quite abit since CS5 but the others use far more.

Eric-ADK
Tech Manager

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]