ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Re: Premier pro is rendering slow on my Z820

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jeff Meyer
Re: Premier pro is rendering slow on my Z820
on Aug 12, 2013 at 12:54:23 am

I'll echo Dennis, your 1gig SAN connection is probably a bottleneck. If you explain a bit more about what's on your timeline we can probably tell you more about your bottleneck. If it's a higher end codec (100mbps+) the storage is most certainly a bottleneck. If it's a couple layers of any codec the storage is most certainly a bottleneck. If you're stacking effects on effects the K2000 could be a bottleneck.

Storage: Try copying media to a local drive. Ideally it will be a local RAID-0 or RAID-5, but an internal drive (7200RPM or SSD) will be enough to see if the network connection is a bottleneck. Even simply try exporting to your local desktop instead of a network drive. If you see improved performance you know you need to go to a fiber or 10gig ethernet connection.

Memory/CPU: With the number of processor cores on the system 16GB of RAM would be a bottleneck for AFX, but for Premiere it shouldn't be holding you back much, if at all. Hyperthreading is an always-on function of Intel processors. I suppose it can technically be disabled in the BIOS, but I can't imagine a computer shipping that way.

GPU: The K2000 isn't a great card in terms of price-to-performanace. Being a Quadro it's designed to be hit hard all day every day, but for the money you can find better performance in more consumer-oriented cards.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]