ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premier pro is rendering slow on my Z820

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Eli Garrett
Premier pro is rendering slow on my Z820
on Aug 10, 2013 at 3:38:02 am

I recently received a HP Z820 for testing purposes as we are looking to switch from Mac pros. The Z820 has Dual Xeon E5-2650 Processors 16 Gb or ram, with a Quadro 2000 graphics card, running windows 7 Enterprises.

All of our video files are stored on a network raid array connected over a 1Gb connection using NFS protocols.

I am having an issue when rendering projects in premiere pro CC, the system is taking just as long if not longer as our old mac pros running CS6, the only difference with the file share on the macs is that it is a AFP connection but it is the same 1GB cable.

When I try to render a project on the Z820 the system shows that it is only using 6 to 7% of its processing power, and non of the Hyper threading cores are being used.

I have tried turning the CUDA processing in premier on and off but this seams to make little to no differences, I Know the Quadro 2000 is not that powerful of a card.

HP Performance advisor says that everything is set for maximum performance in premier and dose not show any issues.

My question is what can I do to take full advantage of all of the power that this Z820 has to offer? Specs wise it should be blowing my old mac pros out of the water seeing that is has double the amount of CPU cores. Also is there something I need to do to get hyper threading to work in Premier it seams to work in other applications on the computer.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]