ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Re: Cloud drawbacks as I see them.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

David Lawrence
Re: Cloud drawbacks as I see them.
on Apr 14, 2013 at 7:23:45 am

[Tom Daigon] "David, just a quick aside. It must have been quite an experience working at Lucasfilm when you did."

It's not often you get told your job is "to invent the future". For me, even crazier was being fresh out college and in the space of a week going from slinging lattes at a local cafe to sitting in a Cupertino board room kicking ideas around with Douglas Engelbart.

My colleagues and I used to joke about it being the "golden age" of multimedia, but looking back, there was a lot of truth to that sentiment. It was an amazing time when anything seemed possible.

BTW, when I started, my project was a special research project at Lucasfilm Games. There were under 20 employees in the entire games group. When we went from research into production, Games Division was spun into two new groups - Lucasfilm Learning (for educational products, like my project) and LucasArts (for games). When I went to the 25-year anniversary party for Games Group at their new home in the Letterman Digital Arts Center in the SF Presidio, the group had grown from under 20 to over 400 employees.

A couple weeks ago, Lucasfilm's new owner, The Walt Disney Company, shut LucasArts; just 154 days after acquiring it.

publicmattersgroup.com
facebook.com/dlawrence
twitter.com/dhl

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]