Re: Cloud drawbacks as I see them.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Tom Daigon
Re: Cloud drawbacks as I see them.
on Apr 13, 2013 at 1:58:47 pm

David Lawrence-
Software subscriptions make sense for a lot of situations. But there are also plenty of situations where they are completely inappropriate. As long as we all have a choice, everyone wins.

Ryan Holmes-
I like the Cloud as an option, just not as the only option. I am one who tends to upgrade as they come out with new releases, but I realize that that model doesn't work for everybody. Some people upgrade every other version or every third version. I tend to want the new features but I realize there's a good portion of the market that either doesn't need it, can't afford it, or doesn't have the system to take advantage of it so there isn't much point for them.

I think you guys have hit upon the essence of how many of us feel. Choice is important. I cant really understand the hostility expressed by naysayers and fan boys when folks express the desire for choice on how we purchase Adobe software. Regardless I am proud that folks have stepped forward to let Adobe know what they want before decisions have been made and the products released.

I have always appreciated how well they listen to us as editors. Now we will see how well they listen to us as customers.

Tom Daigon
PrP / After Effects Editor
HP Z820 Dual 2687
64GB ram
Dulce DQg2 16TB raid

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]