ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Re: Cloud drawbacks as I see them.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

walter biscardi
Re: Cloud drawbacks as I see them.
on Apr 13, 2013 at 12:09:10 am

[David Lawrence] "Which means you will not be able to open your files. Thanks, but no thanks."

So then your plan is to keep CS6 running forever and just never upgrade your computer beyond what you have now?

Software delivery via Cloud or direct download is moving forward very quickly. It's not like Adobe is the ONLY company doing this. It's becoming the standard for software delivery and within the next several years, it'll probably be the only way to get your software. So if you hate this concept, well you're gonna be in a heap of trouble in the next few years.

I guess that's the problem I have with this entire thread. Software delivery is evolving, boxes and "ownership" of something tangible is going away. Apple only delivers their creative software via download. Autodesk delivers Smoke 2013 via download and they have had a licensing model for years. Davinci Resolve delivers via download. If you're this upset about the "Cloud delivery" of Adobe products then move on to something else because it's not going away, so either evolve with the product line, or go find something that still delivers in boxes. Avid might be the only one left.

As for the monthly subscription, you better believe everyone else is looking at Adobe's model right now and trying to figure out how to make it work for their own software, especially software that costs in the same range or more. I expect by 2014 just about all of the major players will have some sort of a Cloud Subscription model in place. Adobe is just leading the way on that among the major manufacturers.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

Foul Water Fiery Serpent, an original documentary featuring Sigourney Weave...
MTWD Entertainment - Developing original content for all media.
"This American Land" - our new PBS Series.
"Science Nation" - Three years and counting of Science for the People.

Blog Twitter Facebook

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]