Re: Cloud drawbacks as I see them.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Petros Kolyvas
Re: Cloud drawbacks as I see them.
on Apr 10, 2013 at 3:34:13 pm

But that's what I don't understand.

Volume licenses have always been platform agnostic and each seat comes with the same 1 desktop/1 laptop ability. My seats, which cost the same (or less) than the single-seat non-business versions, are both Mac and PC capable - I can download the apps for either or; an HP workstation in the office a Mac laptop on the road. The limitation was non-existent for us. If we wanted to bounce around, the worst case was that a copy gets deactivated on one machine and activated or installed on another (really no different than the cloud.)

Again, I really have no horse in this race - but there's a great marketing misrepresentation of how "difficult" perpetual licenses were. I'm open to new options, I'm even open to paying more if I see it add value for my business.

On the other hand, I've rarely taken a companies claims to be canon and in this case I continue to wonder why there's so much defence of the cloud. It's not a bad option if it remains an option.

Is the sky falling; absolutely not. It didn't fall when FCP Legacy was dropped, in fact moving to CS5.5 and then to CS6 has been great. Customers are happier because we can respond so much more quickly to their demands and projects get moved through editorial so much more easily.

--
There is no intuitive interface, not even the nipple. It's all learned. - Bruce Ediger

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]