ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Re: Cloud drawbacks as I see them.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Walter Soyka
Re: Cloud drawbacks as I see them.
on Apr 10, 2013 at 12:59:09 pm

[Jon Hiseman] "I'm a subscriber to Adobe Cloud and loving it - BUT I'm faced with a dilemma. I'm always having to go back and open projects from several years before - I know thats been an issue for Walter. When Adobe has upgraded PPro and AE several times will they still open projects 5 years+ old? What do I do if they don't. Do I have to enjoy 7 till it becomes 8 and then buy 7 for archive, enjoy 8 and then buy it as the news for 9 breaks? This is creative work we're talking. How does Adobe see this problem?"

This concern came up very early in the process, and Adobe addressed it pretty quickly. You will still be able to use prior versions.

See the Creative Cloud FAQ [link] for a more detailed answer:

I am a Creative Cloud member using the CS6 applications included in my membership. Will I lose access to CS6 when the next full version of CS becomes available in Creative Cloud?

No, if you have downloaded and installed the CS6 versions of the applications, you will continue to have access to them without interruption as long as your membership remains active. When the next full version of CS becomes available, you will have up to a year to download and install them, and they will run on your computer along with CS6 versions.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]