ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Re: Cloud drawbacks as I see them.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Ryan Holmes
Re: Cloud drawbacks as I see them.
on Apr 7, 2013 at 8:16:12 pm

[Jon Hiseman] "When Adobe has upgraded PPro and AE several times will they still open projects 5 years+ old? What do I do if they don't. "

This is a valid question. I see two possible solutions currently:
(1) Adobe maintains downloads of older versions of its software on the Creative Cloud site for X years (maybe 5 or 10 years?). Then a user who is a Cloud member need only download and install whichever version they need - CS6, CS7, CS8, CS9, etc. This would be helpful for both users who need to open up old projects, or users who just aren't on the latest and greatest hardware and therefore can't run the latest version of CS.

(2) We, as users, shift our workflow. So when you finish a project you export out an EDL, XML, or AAF file for future use. If the project needs to be resurrected you load in one of the above file formats, instead of launching a PPRo project file. I would actually recommend this workflow to anyone because there's no guarantee you'll even be running Adobe software 5 years from now. I learned this the hard way with FCP. All my old projects are FCP format. When FCP X came out and I decided we weren't moving over, I launched all my old projects and exported out XML versions to load into any NLE I decided to move to. This is now standard practice for us.

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
@CutColorPost

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]