ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Re: Cloud drawbacks as I see them.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Petros Kolyvas
Re: Cloud drawbacks as I see them.
on Apr 7, 2013 at 7:37:55 pm

I'm with you Tom, I hope I'm proved wrong.

Adobe only needs to look at how large portions of the editing community regard Avid's business practices (I'm not talking about their product) to realise that no matter how much your product is used or liked, you will force away a certain number of users and foster a ill-will that is hard to undo.

And, thankfully with Blender slowly becoming an amazing compositing tool and a Linux version of Lightworks right around the corner (we prepped a copy of 64-bit Ubuntu on a Mac Pro to try it out), FCPX at least fighting to stay relevant, and a growing number of other options, Adobe needs to be careful, despite the stellar features showcased in the upcoming versions of PrPro and AE.

Apple proved that just because you own a certain market, doesn't mean a misstep won't have your market turn some of its back on you and find something new pretty quickly. And those of us who feel that our experience and skill of editing transcends the tool aren't really afraid of change anyway since cut/trim/roll/slip etc are features I need the most and lots of NLE software has. ;)

--
There is no intuitive interface, not even the nipple. It's all learned. - Bruce Ediger

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]