Re: Cloud drawbacks as I see them.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jeff Pulera
Re: Cloud drawbacks as I see them.
on Apr 5, 2013 at 2:53:11 pm

Hi Tom,

You can certainly purchase the Adobe Install Media for $25 if you want to have DVD hard copies of the software on hand.

As for the "rental", not everyone can afford to lay out several hundred for an upgrade, or $1500 or $2000 at once to purchase, especially a small shop that needs multiple seats of the software. The Cloud deal allows the customer to budget a set monthly amount, and as mentioned, when a new version comes out, they have access!

I say "access" because you are not forced to upgrade right away, so if worried about bugs or you want to finish the current project before switching, you are free to do so and upgrade only when you are ready to then.

Also, if an editor leaves, business slows down, whatever, quit "renting" that seat then. You don't have the investment in software sitting on the shelf if you are not using it. If a big job comes in and you want to hire some temporary help, add a seat for a few months.

So the upside is always having access to the latest software without having to purchase an upgrade, small monthly expense versus large outlay, and ability add/remove licenses as needed.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]