ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Re: Hard Drive optimized 1ssd, 3 hdd in Raid, 2hdd

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Eric Perry
Re: Hard Drive optimized 1ssd, 3 hdd in Raid, 2hdd
on Jan 25, 2013 at 9:50:25 am

[Alex Gerulaitis] "I am a big fan of simplifying things and not a big fan of an alphabet soup of drive letters for any reason, CS6 apps included:
- 480GB SSD for OS/apps and AE GPC (Global Performance Cache), since those two uses (OS/apps and AE GPC) benefit from an SSD the most.
- All your five 1TB drives in RAID5 as your main media volume; Pr cache and exports can all go there but test this RAID set for performance and stability first given that it'll be using disparate drives."

Thanks Alex. I'm just curious if that will wear out the ssd drive quicker. I've read a few places that constant writing to the drive will degrade it over time. I can, however, do this if I need to with the current 120gb SSD I have in my current set up. When you say GPC, (this may be the terminology in cs6) you mean the cache (which I see in my version cs5) right? Currently I have those set up to write to my external drive where my exports and projects are located. I'm assuming I'm getting less performance out of that situation than I could have writing to my Boot drive which I mentioned earlier is set up with an SSD and a 1TB HDD with a HDDBOOST configuration.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]