ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Re: PREMIERE or AVID

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Steve Brame
Re: PREMIERE or AVID
on Oct 5, 2012 at 11:05:54 pm

I learned editing in a professional capacity on Avid. Mind you, it was the first iterations of Media Composer, and Avid has made some headway into the FCP/Premiere editing style. After years of Avid, I switched to Premiere when they offered the initial CS package. I had previously used Premiere Pro 4.5, and wasn't very thrilled. After several months of editing on Premiere Pro CS, I had to go back into and old Avid project for some changes. I swear it was like I was chiseling the edits in stone with a sharp rock. I had to have the manual open at all times to look up the simplest commands. With Premiere Pro CS series, it's never been like that. It seems to just feel right.

Perfect? Absolutely not. But consider this - you can't make Avid behave like Premiere, but you can definitely make Premiere behave like Avid.

As far as media management, I always found it necessary to use a third party solution with Avid Media Composer. I think it says a lot that there actually ARE third party solutions. Apparently I'm not the only one who found the built-in solution lacking. Avid's built-in MM solution just didn't work for me - perhaps it's an intelligence level thing.

But truly, if you're planing on working in or for Hollywood at all, you definitely need to have Avid skills in your toolkit.

Avid offers a free trial of Media Composer. Give it a try and see for yourself!

-------------------------------------------
"98% of all computer issues can be solved by simply pressing 'F1'."
Steve Brame
creative illusions Productions

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]