Re: Which Nvidia card should I choose?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Cara Myers
Re: Which Nvidia card should I choose?
on Aug 10, 2012 at 5:51:35 pm

Hi There!

I appreciate this insightful thread so much!

I am working on a 2 x 2.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon Mac Pro with 14 gigs of RAM and the ATI Radeon HD 5870 1024 MB Graphics Card. As for displays I have been working with two 24" Samsung Syncmaster B2430's side by side. And, coming from working in Final Cut Studio 7 for 11 years, I am now doing all of my video editing in Adobe Premiere Cs6 and am really happy with it as my new platform.

The ATI Radeon HD 5870 1024 MB graphics card was doing great (absolutely no complaints) until I added a 55" Panasonic TC-P50GT50 55" Plasma television and a Black Magic Intensity Card to run HDMI out to it. Now, I'm getting quite of bit of lag/delayed lip sync out of the Plasma and have narrowed it down to the Graphics Card as being the issue, which was quite a disappointment because I bought it specifically to run 3 monitors out of! I am also hearing that the ATI Radeon HD 5870 1024 MB graphics card is not able to utilize Adobe's Mercury Engine. Perhaps I just didn't really notice it until now.

Needless to say, I am now looking for a graphics card that can power my video out to the 55" Plasma and even 24" Samsung at the same time, which makes this thread particularly interesting. Does anyone have any thoughts on whether the Quadro4000 or the GeForce GTX 285 would be the best solution or if there's another card I'm not seeing?

Thanks in advance!

Cara

Cara Myers
Video Editor/Motion Graphics
vesperafilms.com
PLATFORM: Adobe Cs6
MACHINE: 2 x 2.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon Mac Pro
RAM: 14 GB 1066 MHz DDR3 ECC
GRAPHICS CARD: ATI Radeon HD 5870 1024 MB
PCI: Black Magic Intensity Pro
Displays: two 24" Samsung Syncmaster B2430's
VIDEO OUT: 55" Panasonic TC-P50GT50 55" Plasma television