ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Re: Weird glitchiness upon export

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Tony Pfau
Re: Weird glitchiness upon export
on Aug 9, 2012 at 9:50:01 pm

I had all sorts of problems with CS6 and Lion on my MacbookPro Quad i7 w/16gb ram. Everything from flashing white frames from Speedgrade renders, to scaled clips shaking, 422HQ clips created in aftereffects rendering out just as a green frame, to clips rendering out what looked like an opacity wipe on half of it, to kernel crashes and on and on. I spent a lot of time scratching my head. Many issues I couldn't find any posts about anywhere.

I upgraded to Mountain Lion and haven't experienced the crashes and the last few renders seemed to be without issues, and can use the OpenCL hardware acceleration, so far, but still take a long time on pretty straightforward sequences having only some scaled video, some text.

Regarding your glitching, whenever I scaled something, had keys or mattes I'm using, I render out at "maximum render quality' and if I have the time, maximum depth, then go somewhere for a long while. Even though I'd have the previews set for 422HQ, I stopped using those for export. Sometimes I still have to go back and crop or put a matte on the scaled items because I'll get these vibrating edges. Don't know if that's of any help since you're on Snow Leopard but, for what it's worth, I have had much more stability with CS6 after ML upgrade.

To resolve the green frame issue, I just ended up rendering out new files out of Aftereffects of the problem clips as a 422 instead of 422HQ and at least was able to get it to render video instead of green panel. Haven't the foggiest why.

Tony Pfau
Editor / Director-Producer
http://avpfilms.net

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]