Creative COWSIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

Odd Mercury Playback Issue

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Social ShareSend Email MessageShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInComment
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Aaron CadieuxOdd Mercury Playback Issue
by on Aug 1, 2012 at 2:14:26 pm

Hello,

So this really isn't a problem, it's just an observation of something strange. I have a desktop workstation running PPro CS5.5 in my home office that I do most of my editing work on. My video card allows me to use the Mercury Playback engine. I also have a laptop that I use when I am working off-site. I work off an external RAID so that I can work on projects on either machine without a hitch. It's a great system, and it's working out great. Anyway, the other night, I had a lot of rendering and encoding to do on the desktop workstation. I wanted to watch TV with my wife upstairs while I was encoding, so I decided to remotely access my desktop machine in my office using my laptop. Upon accessing the desktop remotely, I opening an existing project. The project opened, but warned me that the Mercury Playback engine was not available. I panicked that there might be a problem with my desktop's video card. As it turns out, using the Windows 7 remote access tool causes the Mercury Playback engine to become disabled on the computer you are remotely accessing. Like I said, none of this mattered because I was only encoding, and would never try to edit using remote access software. I just thought it was very strange. Any thoughts on why this is?

Thanks,

Aaron

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Social ShareSend Email MessageShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInComment

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESJOBSNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn GroupCreative COW Facebook PageCreative COW on Twitter
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]