ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Re: Strategy for Sharing Media Between Mac and Windows Premiere Pro

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Keith Moreau
Re: Strategy for Sharing Media Between Mac and Windows Premiere Pro
on Jul 3, 2012 at 3:24:26 pm

I got some of the hardware, an 8 port managed switch, an extra Sonnet PCI-E card for my PC which supposedly supports link aggregation and somehow passes that onto the built in Ethernet (which I have serious doubts - in PC land this stuff is very arcane and iffy I have found) and am about to try the link aggregation, thanks again for all the great help.

The next problem has to do with sharing the same project files over the network between Mac and PC. If I take a project, for example created on Mac PPro, then open it in Windows over a SMB share, Premiere Pro doesn't seem to have any clue where the files are and asks me to locate every one. In addition Premiere Pro doesn't give me a clue about the original path, it just tells me 00000.MTS could not be located I happen to use AVCHD a lot and therefore there are multiple 00000.MTS files throughout my project.

Is there some utility on Windows that allows me to 'fool' Windows into knowing about the Mac paths that are stored in Premiere Pro, some type of mapping or configuration file in windows where I can say, for example "5500_GB_EXT_2" == "Z:Mac-Pro5500_GB_EXT2" Since on my Windows I have fixed drive mapping to my Mac's shared drives over the network, this would be a one time setting. If not I can't bear to have to spend hours relinking every time I use the same project, created on Mac, on Windows.

Thanks for any advice!

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]