ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Re: Strategy for Sharing Media Between Mac and Windows Premiere Pro

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Petros Kolyvas
Re: Strategy for Sharing Media Between Mac and Windows Premiere Pro
on Jun 22, 2012 at 2:29:23 pm

So I've probably led your question way off the mark, but I have to take one on the chin here regarding Windows.

Link Aggregation is only supported in Windows 7 by drivers of appropriate hardware. Windows 7 itself doesn't support Link Aggregation out of the box. As we don't have actual Windows hardware here I can't run through the process, although it's as simple as the OS X one, provided the NIC supports Aggregation or "Teaming." (See here: http://www.windowsitpro.com/article/network-interface-card-nic/q-how-do-i-c...

Another thing I think I wasn't clear on is that our setup has one Mac Pro serving three edit stations. I believe Link Aggregation is best used in small shops where each client machine (irrespective of OS) is running a 1Gb/sec link and the "server" can serve each of them at near top-speed. Because GbE is cheap, you can add and aggregate a 4-port card for about $750 and serve multiple clients without saturating a single 1GbE link.

Of course, none of this deals with sharing between Mac and Windows - but it's something I'm interested in as well since the future still looks uncertain for professional-level Mac hardware in the near-term and coupled with the fact our CS6 licenses are platform agnostic we could move in a heartbeat if we had to.

--
There is no intuitive interface, not even the nipple. It's all learned. - Bruce Ediger

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]