ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

A couple questions about Premiere

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bret WilliamsA couple questions about Premiere
by on May 24, 2012 at 2:38:45 pm

I'm liking the trial of CS6 for the most part. I'm running it on a maxed out i7 iMac with 16gigs, 6970m, and 3.4 ghz. Shouldn't be much of a problem to play back a couple layers of video. So right now I'm playing with an XDCam EX sequence at 1080i and I have a couple questions. The XDCam has been rewrapped as QT (but is still XDCam, not ProRes) via FCP 7 log and transfer or the Sony software. I'm monitoring via Blackmagic Intensity Extreme with 9.5.1 drivers.

1- Do the audio meters always lag the video by about a second? I'm finding this whether I'm in GPU or software mode. (I hacked the txt file so the 6970m would GPU accelerate)

2- No way to turn off audio scrubbing via a keyboard shortcut?

3- I'm finding playback and performance to be acceptable, but if I double click a clip in the program window so I can scale and/or rotate it, it suddenly grinds to a halt and takes about 10 seconds to register every change. Sometimes longer. Sometimes it catches up and I see 5 changes occur all at once, after a 20 second standstill. This occurs in software or GPU mode.

4- Why does the "never stop playing" timeline (a phrase adobe used last night at ATL Cutters meeting) timeline always stop when I click on another spot on the timeline ruler? Seems it can do anything without stopping, except go to another spot on the timeline.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]