Creative COWSIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

Re: Why is PPro not suited for feature films?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Social ShareSend Email MessageShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInComment
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mike MolendaRe: Why is PPro not suited for feature films?
by on Mar 8, 2012 at 11:07:00 pm

[Steve Brame] "Such as during the move from film to digital, or linear to non-linear, or 8-track to cassettes."

Yeah, but I don't know that I'd put it in such sweeping terms. There's clearly a niche that will need to be filled in FCP's absence, and Adobe (and others like Grass Valley and Lightworks) seem to be glad to finally be getting a second glance.

But Avid wants a piece of that pie just as much as anyone else. Seems like they were just as quick as Adobe to jump on the "company that cares" bandwagon. And really, I don't see a lot of incentive at the moment for a seasoned Avid editor to make a permanent switch to something like Premiere for long-form projects.

Adobe does seem like they're netting a lot of FCP converts, though, present company included. So we'll see what comes of that.

I think there's a long way to go before Premiere becomes viable enough in the market to make knowing it a skill that's high in demand. It's an uphill battle, and I think Adobe is doing really great things, but widespread adoption is certainly not a given like the eventual turnover to digital. Looking forward to seeing what they do with CS6.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Social ShareSend Email MessageShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInComment

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESJOBSNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn GroupCreative COW Facebook PageCreative COW on Twitter
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]