ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Re: Mac Pro & Apple Cinema Displays

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Darin Griffith
Re: Mac Pro & Apple Cinema Displays
on Dec 30, 2011 at 4:17:48 pm

After several months of working with this Mac Pro I'm feeling deep regret for my decision to run CS5.5 on the OS X platform. It works, kind of, not really fast & not real stable though. This may work fine for many people but my tremendous workload of all HD AVCHD footage means lots of work in AE and Premiere with tight deadlines. Simply put, I need more horsepower and memory.

So I'm now looking at building a hex core i7-3930K workstation with 32GB DDR3. My only real concern is how to utilize my two 27" Apple Cinema displays (which I really love). They only have a male mini display port to use for feeding them. My first thought was a Quadro 4000 with 2 display ports but the specs say max resolution of 1920x1080 and these displays roll up to 2560 x 1440 and quite frankly I've become spoiled with mega desktop space. I've heard about the many problems with DVI to display port adapters but that may be my only option.

I am actually considering a GTX 570/580 since almost all of the top machines on PPBM5 are all running GTX cards. Anybody have any suggestions?

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]