ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Re: Mac Pro & Apple Cinema Displays

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Daniel Frome
Re: Mac Pro & Apple Cinema Displays
on Oct 8, 2011 at 4:16:32 am

I would try pulling the AMD card out and see if that solves the CUDA issue. I run CS5.5 with CUDA with my GTX285 and it runs quite well.

Also, a quad macpro 5,1 isn't really a top of the line system these days. 4 cores (yes, 8 threads, but not near the same performance as 8 real cores) ... I don't see this machine as a screamer. In fact, I think the new macbook pro quad i7s might even beat it.

On a personal note, I think you'll soon realize that mac pro workstations are not "screaming fast" machines except when new models are released. The PC world quickly surpasses them in raw CPU power, so think of it as paying for a more stable OS and better engineering of the computer itself (it won't overheat, make noise, etc).

Of course... somebody is going to chime in with their opinion of Windows being just as stable as OSX and all that...bla bla. But that's my opinion for what it's worth.

Also -- Premiere Pro CS5 runs faster on Windows vs OSX from what I've read.

Ever since computers went crazy with more cores vs megahertz you'll find that speed increases are not as obvious except when rendering or doing something else that taxes all the cores continuously.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]