ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Re: Premiere Pro render quality compared to FCP7/X, has anyone else done a comparison?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Geert van den Berg
Re: Premiere Pro render quality compared to FCP7/X, has anyone else done a comparison?
on Sep 4, 2011 at 7:47:13 pm

Do the test Tom, and then report back. Just looking at one render doesn't tell anything. Offcourse I do hope someone can prove me wrong or point out I used a wrong setting, because I really like Premiere.

Layer the files on top in FCP and then look at the difference, switch between them and look at the details in the picture and maybe also try the difference composite mode.

When rendering to Quicktime using the same codec (IMX), I'd expect both applications to perform the same, but it appears that is not the case.

Actually I thought my render settings were changed, as Premiere appears to remember the last render setting, but sometimes it does not. But I did the test twice. Once on my MacBook Pro, which has also FCPX installed, so I thought it might be some updated Quicktime codec causing problems. But I also tried it on the Mac at the company, which still has an older version of the IMX codec installed, the same result.

And offcourse you can never beat re-wrapping, as it's 1:1. But I did render in FCP. See my other post here http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/335/14635

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]