ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Pro CS3 on Windows 7 XP mode

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Julie Davies
Premiere Pro CS3 on Windows 7 XP mode
on Mar 25, 2010 at 5:51:36 pm

I have recently installed CS3 on a new computer, 4GB RAM, Intel core i5 CPU 2.27 GHz processor and 500gb HD. I have upgraded from Windows 7 premium to Windows 7 Professional and am trying to run CS3 in the XP mode.

While it recognizes all my projects and eventually opens them, the picture quality on both monitors is all choppy and seems to be dropping frames. It also operates incredibly slowly - all the pek files are being recreated (there is obviously no wave form on sound) and I get 'not responding' constantly so that I have to eventually force the program to shut down.

I thought the whole idea of XP mode was to enable programmes like CS3 to be run. My previous computer running on XP Pro with only 1GB ram worked perfectly with CS3. I gather that XP mode cannot read the graphics card installed on the computer, but surely Microsoft shouldn't be indicating that this version will work with previous XP programs if it can't cope.

Please can anyone tell me if they have had success with running CS3 either on Windows 7 premium 32 bit or in Windows XP mode. I have spent days searching all the forums but have not yet found the solution. I am beginning to feel that my new machine will be redundant.

Thank you.

Julie

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]