ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Re: Defraging

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

mbelli
Re: Defraging
on Jul 20, 2006 at 2:36:26 pm

Disk Keeper is excellent and I highly recommend it as well. Just be careful with external drives such as USB and those in firewire enclosures. On those my version of Disk Keeper seems to think they need to be defragmented every 5-minutes and once it trashed one of my USB drives. On my internal drives, it works flawlessly.

Disk Keeper is also much faster than the Windows defrager, I also used to reformat my drives before starting new projects and stuff, but Disk Keeper defrags so fast, plust SATA drives are fast to begin with -- that although I still do that at times, I don't do it quite as often.

In my opinion, defraging should be done on a Windows PC, don't know why Mac's and Final Cut don't need defraging though. You should have multiple drives as well for NLE, I have a Windows drive, a drive for my DATA, a drive for cache and TMP files and another huge drive for VIDEO. Every so often I format my VIDEO drive entirely and scan thoroughly for disc errors. I also backup with TrueImage and have a few Lacie external drives for project backup. Wish I could get PP2 project manager to trim for archiving but it chokes on most of my complex and longer timelines.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:
  • Defraging by clyde villegas on Jul 19, 2006 at 3:59:32 am
    • Re: Defraging by Aanarav Sareen on Jul 19, 2006 at 5:21:27 am
      • Re: Defraging by Kevin Wood on Jul 19, 2006 at 6:53:02 am
        • Re: Defraging by Craig Howard on Jul 19, 2006 at 7:54:25 pm
          • Re: Defraging by mbelli on Jul 20, 2006 at 2:36:26 pm

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]