ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Re: Are we there yet?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Video Opp
Re: Are we there yet?
on Mar 7, 2006 at 5:21:55 pm

Well, I for one am voting with my credit card this time round. I have three seats of PPRo 1.5 and will not be updating any of them. Last summer I moved to another solution, primarily because of the bin structure issue. I had high hopes for 2.0, and was fully planning on coming back once the bins were fixed. But, now that is clear that this problem has not been addressed, I will be staying with a program where media sorting and retrieval is a delight rather then a pain.

I believe Pat has hit the nail on the head. Even though Adobe markets their video package as a "Pro" product, the developers apparently seem to be stuck working with consultants that are either hobbyists or working in a very narrow venues that do not require large amounts of clips in any given project.. (Wedding Producers, please know that I have the greatest respect for what you do and do not mean to imply that you are not "Pro") If they truly want to market their editor to documentary producers, they need to start working with and listening to the simple requests of documentary producers.

If Adobe would like to grow in the market they need to research the needs of all sectors of the market and design their product based on the needs of the users that they want to attract rather then the volume of feature requests. If you only have a few documentary producers in your user base because of defects in your design, you are not going to get a lot of feature requests for the missing elements.

If anyone from Adobe is listening, please consider this advice: Having a bin structure that makes it easy to sort and retrieve clips is not going to cause you to loose any of your loyal client base, and it will help you open up other market sectors. It seems like a

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]