ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Re: Skip Conforming Audio in Premiere Pro?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Ron Shook
Re: Skip Conforming Audio in Premiere Pro?
on Nov 3, 2005 at 5:08:35 pm

Tim,

[Tim Kolb] "however the entire audio portion of the software bases its functionality on the conformed audio concept"

As a non-but-potential-user looking in, could you or anyone clarify a few things about this conformed audio "feature." BTW, from the discussion here, I don't have a conceptual problem with the feature, quite the opposite, other than the fact that in some instances it has to be redone and the fact that it can't be turned off inorder to do something quick, down and dirty. I'd rather have a little break and get the max RT video functionality when I'm cutting than having the RT video functionality corrupted by having to do too much audio manipulation on the fly from disparate sources.

Is the audio conforming process part and parcel of PPro's ability to edit audio down to the sample level, a very good thing in my estimation? Are audio waveforms drawn during the conforming process or is this an on the fly thing? When you manipulate the audio, are the audio waveforms redrawn to reflect this and if waveforms are part of the conforming process, does this mean that the audio must be reconformed each time or just the waveforms, and does this happen in the background?

Ron Shook

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]