Re: XML from Resolve to Premiere, all clips start at 0:00

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Brecht Debackere
Re: XML from Resolve to Premiere, all clips start at 0:00
on May 6, 2020 at 9:47:05 pm

I'm trying to get to the bottom of this and so far this works:

Once the scene detection is done, the clips are added to the mediapool and from those a new timeline is created, go to the 'deliver' tab and export the clips as 'individual clips'. Either preset on top seems to work (custom, Youtube, Premiere XML).
The Premiere XML option will generate an .xml which can be imported in Premiere, and which will automatically import the individual clips created.

Now, the kicker, when you select another preset, and export individual clips: go back to the 'edit' tab, and export the FCP7 xml. When importing this in Premiere, the same thing will happen. All the individual clips will be imported.

So... while this seems to work, it does feel like a work-around. I'd rather have the XML which only references the original file and makes the cuts as described in that XML... instead of having to export 100s of clips and import all of those in Premiere...

I'll compare the XML's generated in the 'faulty' one and the 'right' one to see if I can figure out what goes wrong there... For now though, this kind of works... But once the individual clips are exported, one might as well just load those up in Premiere and drag the whole lot in a sequence... no need for the XML anymore really...

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]