ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Multichannel audio track suddenly duplicating one channel as all six - reimport doesn't fix

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index

Nick Thompson
Multichannel audio track suddenly duplicating one channel as all six - reimport doesn't fix
on May 6, 2020 at 5:07:46 pm

Hi all,

I have many audio clips in a project that are multichannel mono clips, like 6 tracks (it varies). Suddenly, some of them are playing back as a single channel duplicated six times rather than six different channels. Re-importing or re-linking media doesn't help. When I imported the original clip into Audition, I confirmed that the six tracks in the original file are in fact different tracks and something is going wrong in Premiere.

No idea why this is happening just to select clips after working on the same project for months. It's strange that Premiere is reading the same clip wrong when I reimport it, even with a different name and saved to a different location.

I've looked online and can't find an answer. I'm working on a Windows 10 machine with Premiere CC 14.0. Don't want to update in the middle of a big project, that's messed me up several times. Thank you for any help!

Posts Index 

Current Message Thread:
  • Multichannel audio track suddenly duplicating one channel as all six - reimport doesn't fix by Nick Thompson on May 6, 2020 at 5:07:46 pm

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]