ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Spilt the same clip into subclips and trigger simultaneously in multicam?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Luke Matthews
Spilt the same clip into subclips and trigger simultaneously in multicam?
on Dec 4, 2019 at 2:03:36 pm

Hello everybody,

I had a previous account here which wasn't that active but i got so much help through that and it's now a few years on that i come back with another request from this knowledgable community.

I thought what i wanted to do would be straightforwardish but it seems not. I suspect thats more my fault than APP. Basically:

I'd like to take the same clip of a person dancing and cut it into multiple clips at desired points, then trigger those clips at will over an audio track. at the moment i have been doing this in PP 2019:

Import the main clip. double click it and use the razor to slice it into desired parts. Highlight those cuts and make a subsequence of each. Highlight those in the browser window then "export media", go to encoder and export them all. go to file, import, select the encoded .mov version of each clip and import it back into PP, then highlight those clips in the PP browser and right click "make new multicam sequence", double click that. import an mp3 through the browser and drag to sequence. Go into program/sequence window, enable multicam playback, hit play and trigger the clips rhythmically to the music.

I can do all of the above fine but the problem comes when trying to trigger the clips sequentially. They only play as if they're still attached to the timecode of the original sequence.. for eg if im trying to trigger cut4 (00:30-35sec in master clip video) at any time in the new multicam sequence before :30sec, its a black screen on that clip. same with triggering cut1 (00:01-00:05 secs in master clip) at anytime after 00:05secs, its just a black screen.

ive spent many months googling and trying various methods but it seems theres no multicam method to easy triggering of clips from the same video over a song. im really surprised, i thought there'd be a huge market for that kind of straightforward feature ?!

Anyway, don't mean to hate on PP I really love using it.

Cheerio

LM

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]