ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Re: Color Grading Deliverables

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Oliver Peters
Re: Color Grading Deliverables
on Aug 16, 2019 at 3:56:45 pm

[Jimmy Gallagher] "So I would ask for the deliverable to be a ProRes 4444HQ which will keep the full quality of the footage? Another person told me a DPX is better? What is the most high quality deliverable?"

Ultimately it depends on how much free storage you have and how beefy your computer is. DPX is am uncompressed image sequence and technically the best quality. However, it will become a royal PITA for you to deal with once back in Premiere.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_ProRes

ProRes 4444XQ will be lightly compressed, but very large. You will have an easier time dealing with it than DPX, but will still require a fast, powerful system. I would recommend 422HQ or 4444. I doubt you'll see much difference.

Of course, it depends on what you think the prospects are for your film. If this is a standard indie film that will go the festival circuit and then maybe some VOD service, you'll be fine with HQ, 4444 or DNx.

Remember, that you'll still need to render out an export. So if you go 4444 for the source and then HQ for your delivery master, it should be more than adequate.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]