ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Re: proxy workflow: copy & paste proxy sequence to 10bit b4 final export?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Shane Ross
Re: proxy workflow: copy & paste proxy sequence to 10bit b4 final export?
on Aug 15, 2019 at 8:25:21 pm

[Samuel Frazier] "Thanks for that, but this is the final export and desired format for a film festival."

Then you shouldn't be doing that with the proxy footage at all. You need to relink back to the camera masters/full res masters (click of a button) and THEN do your online and output. Never master with Proxy footage. Dropping that into a 10-bit sequence doesn't magically make it full resolution.

[Samuel Frazier] "My friend doing the color correction had incredibly poor playback (even on his iMac Pro 10 core) and so many crashes, that he was only barely able to work from the ProRes Proxy sequence."

Then transcode to ProRes HQ, or ProRes 4444. Many camera masters take a lot of system resources to play back natively. And even with a totally decked out high end system, some won't play back smoothly, so you transcode to a high end, finishing codec.

[Samuel Frazier] "I'm confused when you say it won't be made from the masters though, b/c Premiere does automatically go back to the masters when you export."

Does it? I thought you had to click that one button in order to switch the sequence back to linking to the masters, and not the proxies.

[Samuel Frazier] "I'm pretty sure about that b/c my proxies had watermarks stamped on them when they were created showing they are the proxies and not the masters, but my exports do not have the watermark."

Ok, my Premiere experience might be falling behind as I'm not on the latest version. But still, you really should do a proper online, relinking to the masters and grading those, or transcoding those to high res masters and grading them. Even color grading the proxies won't show you what's really happening.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]