ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Crashes when creating video preview

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Peter Jenkins
Crashes when creating video preview
on Aug 6, 2019 at 9:47:35 am

Hello all. I’ve had a problem with Premiere CC 2018 (AE and audition too) crashing whenever the software tries to create a video preview window. Funnily enough it doesn’t crash when working with audio files, only video. It started suddenly one morning after no notable changes occurred on the computer. Crashes include - hovering the mouse over a video thumbnail, creating a sequence, dragging a clip in to the source window - anything that causes an adobe product to playback a clip (except for media encoder for some reason). I’ve tried all the usual steps - clear the cache, reset preferences, etc. I’ve even went as far as to uninstall all adobe products, use the adobe cleaner tool and reinstall the programs to a different SSD. Still crashes at the same predictable moments without fail. I’m a step away from reinstalling windows, however it is a hassle and I have one work in progress project I’d loathe to have to start over... any ideas? Is it more to do with video player software? Like a QuickTime problem? Thanks!

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]