ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Re: Mac Pro Acceleration related crashes on Export

COW Forums : Color Grading

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Merlin Vandenbossche
Re: Mac Pro Acceleration related crashes on Export
on Aug 2, 2019 at 9:17:35 pm

I assume you already dumped cache en reset preferences and the usual suspects. So it seems something hardware related then.

Apple's Trashcan has a poor reputation concerning its GPU's. But since you are editing GPU-accelerated and just not exporting, it is a bit of a mystery. And since you've had success in the past, it is not super likely your D500's are broke either. But judging from your video it is clearly the GPU giving you the issues though. Have you tried a GPU-accelerated export in other software than Adobe's? Just to make sure it is not occuring with other developers as well. Maybe try DaVinci Resolve 15 and check the GPU when exporting.

I would bet on an unfortunate mismatch between the 13.1.4 version of Premiere and the GPU drivers in 10.14.6 MacOS. I have a D500 nMPro on High Sierra 10.13.6 as an encoding machine and I don't recall any issues with it on our shop using metal or openCL. But I should confirm that with our assistant.

Sadly since you can not control drivers in MacOS, so you may only be able to A/ wait for Adobe to fix the mismatch (if it is confirmed as a mismatch) or B/ try a downgrade of the OS to High Sierra (this will mean a full clean install).

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]