ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Duplicating PP sequence and creating independent AE compositions per Seq?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Liam Power
Duplicating PP sequence and creating independent AE compositions per Seq?
on Jul 16, 2019 at 2:00:17 pm

Hi,

Fairly new to PP and AE and dynamic link. I am creating compositions in AE as text animation templates for PP sequences. I have created a sequence in a PP project that includes an array of different AE compositions with text editable in premiere.

I want to be able to quickly duplicate this sequence and quickly change text and the video clips for fast edit social shorts.

The problem is, when I change the text within the AE composition (in premiere) in one sequence it changes it in all other versions of the sequence. I realise that this does makes sense as it is one composition, but the only workaround I have found for what I need is to go through each AE composition within the sequence one by one, hit "Reveal in Project", duplicate it and drag it over the previous one to ensure it is independent per sequence.

This is extremely inefficient and basically undermines the point of a template in the first place. I hope I am missing something and there is a quick way to make an AE composition independent from the PP timeline? It kind of overlooks a huge potential benefit of having editable text in premiere if this isn't the case.

Any advice or tips hugely appreciated.

Thanks for your help!

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

podcasts
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]