Proxy for C300 MarkII in Premiere Pro

COW Forums : Color Grading

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mark Lyall
Proxy for C300 MarkII in Premiere Pro
on Jul 15, 2019 at 4:38:25 pm

Greetings Friends,
Just got a canon C300 MarkII and am in love with the 4K image. I am recording to Atomos Inferno and SD card. The problem I have is when I bring it into Premiere Pro CC 2019 on my MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, mid 2015, with 2.8Ghz Intel Corei7 with 16GB 16Mhz DDR3 with a Graphics Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB) from the Inferno Hard Drive and select proxy, it opens up Adobe Media Encoder CC 2019, but then nothing happens. What am I doing wrong? Some questions:
1. How do I get the proxy feature in Premiere to work?
2. Is there a way to just use the Inferno footage and make a proxy, edit it, and then have Premiere conform the the 4K to the proxy?
3. Or, is there a way to use the SD card proxy from the camera, edit it, and then have Premiere edit the 4K from the Inferno to conform to it.

I am an ex-FCP user since they went to 10, but a friend of mine showed me how when the footage was imported to FCP it immediately made a low res proxy that he could switch between with the Hi-def one. I hate FCPX and refuse to go back, and the color correction in Premiere was so much better (one I imported some LUTs). Please help!
Sincerely
Mark

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]