ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Re: Inherited project: Frame size issues, clips are different sizes but should not be.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Nina Lucia
Re: Inherited project: Frame size issues, clips are different sizes but should not be.
on Jun 18, 2019 at 3:48:36 am
Last Edited By Nina Lucia on Jun 18, 2019 at 7:58:10 am

Thanks for your reply Oliver!

There is a way to alter a file that will allow an older version of Premiere to open newer projects. I don't remember how I did it now, but I Googled and found info on how to do it.

The film was shot anamorphic, with the frame meant to be 2578x2160. Making a sequence with that setting fits the framing chart the DP shot perfectly, so I think I'll go with that. I copied the original sequence into it by selecting all clips and pasting and it seems to be good to go. If they need to fit it into a 16x9 frame the online editor can add a matte.

So the issue I'm left with is two days of dailies that are now using the proxy files and not the camera original files.

I used the 'Scale to Frame Size', so I took the resizing off the problem clips and then used 'Scale to Frame Size' and that gets me with a timeline with the clips all at the right size with no resizing on them in the 'Effect Control' panel. So I'm wondering if this will be fine for later when they need to be relinked to the original camera files by the online editor with an AAF (or whatever Premiere makes) that I give them. I don't know what will be used for online/color, I would assume Resolve. Maybe I'll need to link to the camera originals since I can, I don't know yet. Would like to be able to link to the camera originals in any case as I might have to pull some clips for vfx work before we get to the onlining phase.

If I need to get the original camera files for these problem clips, I need to know what steps to take to get the clips connected or pointing to the original camera files rather than the proxies that were made. It seems that maybe the previous editor/asst deleted the camera clips after making the proxies then imported the proxies.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]