ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Re: Diagonal Gray Stripes on my clips (not offline)

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Tom Laughlin
Re: Diagonal Gray Stripes on my clips (not offline)
on Apr 18, 2019 at 2:23:51 pm

I have found an very easy solution that worked for me - to get rid of your danger stripes, and do this without all sorts of linking and relinking by copying files or moving files over.

1. When you open the edit like this example, often times, this window pops up, and notice all of the default boxes below are "checked":

2. You click "Locate", and you navigate to whre your media is located, then hit connect media, and this is what you see now:

CRAP! Now what?! You see all these danger lines huh? Well, it is because Premiere is trying to use default settings to interpret your media's TIME-CODES, not your actual MEDIA FILES or FRAME-RATES. This is easy to fix. Let's fix it.

3. Go back and re-open your project, liek we did before, see here. But this time, UNCHECK these boxes: "align time-code", "Preserve interpret footage settings", and "file extension". Click "locate", navigate to your media, and simply relink the media.

4. Once you open your project, the project will ignore what it wants to default your time-codes to, which can be incorrectly interpreted. Rather, you tell Premiere to revert to the time-code that you had originally established. This fixes the clip's time-code placement, where the clip's time-code is on the timeline and the in and out points.

Hope this helps you all, as it worked for me.

Thanks,

Tom Laughlin
Adobe Certified Expert
Premiere Pro CC
Salt Lake City, Utah
tlaughlin@digitalchophouse.com

Tom Laughlin
Producer/Editor
Salt Lake City, Utah
digitalchophouse.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread: