ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Re: Considering aborting Mac

COW Forums : Lumaforge

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Tristan Finn
Re: Considering aborting Mac
on Apr 3, 2019 at 10:28:12 pm

I work at a film marketing agency with about a dozen edit bays. When we first opened in 2014 we had the debate of going Mac or PC. I was very much in the Mac camp but the decision was made to go PC. After the initial shock of having to use CTRL instead of Command Key, I found no issue with switching to PC.

After a while with working in PC, We all kinda agreed that the systems were performing great. The main downside was having to deliver Pro Res Finals which meant buying 1 mac just to run compressor. But now that windows adobe premiere has pro res codecs in it, the mac is useless to us now.

It's now 2019 we have what is considered old computers now and they run a 1080p workflow just fine, But as all things must get upgraded at some point we are now looking to upgrade. As another user mentioned the Pudget systems look quite good. I was looking into the 4k edit station they advertise.

I think we will get something along those lines when we do upgrade. However we might build them our selves using pcparkpicker.com as I could get the price down to the $2400 range instead of the $3700 retail.

I think PC is the way to go, I admit I hated the idea of it but here I am waving the PC flag. I even went out and bought a PC for my edit station at home.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]