ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Re: Considering aborting Mac

COW Forums : Lumaforge

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Oliver Peters
Re: Considering aborting Mac
on Apr 2, 2019 at 1:16:59 pm

I manage systems as the de facto senior editor at a creative prod/post shop. We have a total of 10 Macs connected to shared storage. The editing machines are a mix of Retina iMacs, iMac Pros, and a 2013 Mac Pro. We are completely Adobe CC and overall it's been a solid experience.

All things considered with equal parts, if your focus is primarily editing, then you'll see similar performance between the two platforms. The caveats being lots of RED footage, heavy After Effects and heavy Resolve work. In those cases, the Mac suffers by going with AMD over Nvidia. The Mac Pro was a nice design idea, but ultimately a mistake that boxed Apple into a corner. The all-in-one design is nice and iMac Pros are the best machine they offer today. But you have no room for future expansion with any of these machines after you buy them.

Yet I still like the elegance of their machines and the ecosystem (though I feel Mojave is a step backwards). My fear is their continuing march towards an "iOS-ification" of the hardware and software.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]