ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Re: Considering aborting Mac

COW Forums : Lumaforge

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Ernest Rosado
Re: Considering aborting Mac
on Apr 2, 2019 at 12:56:19 pm

I've seen a lot of reviews of Puget systems on the various creative sites I follow lately, they seem to be making a pretty aggressive push into this space, and good for them. They may have found a great niche of customers and their systems and expertise seem to be top notch.

To get back to the main point, let me first disclaim that I used to work for Apple, so I've been as loyal as I can be to them. I own several iMacs and Mac Pros, but can't bring myself to use them for creative work (actually that's not entirely true, I use them for vector design because Sketch is so much better than Illustrator yet isn't available on PCs). PC hardware just flat-out outperforms Mac hardware for the price fairly consistently, and I've found that Apple's failure to consistently keep their hardware up-to-date in the last ~8 years has forced a lot of my Apple-diehard colleagues to Windows as well.

To be clear, the dance between Adobe and Apple support is not a problem unique to Apple hardware. In fact, you'd be hard pressed to find a company with support better than Apple's, so if your frustration is only with support then I'd suggest staying where you're at. But the ability for the performance of your editing machine to be dictated solely by your budget and not by a limitation of offerings is by far the most attractive feature of Windows PCs.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]