ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Considering aborting Mac

COW Forums : Lumaforge

Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Dan Powers
Considering aborting Mac
on Apr 1, 2019 at 2:40:38 pm

After clunking along with working but far behind the performance curve of the 2013 era MacPro cylinders, I waited anxiously for something new for "pro's". Imac Pro arrived. We bought two. And both are buggy and crash in quite different ways. One of them probably has a faulty GPU but apple wont admit to it since I cannot find a way to replicate the crashes outside of Adobe applications. Apple says it is Adobe, Adobe says it is Apple. Same old song and dance.

Considering switching to windows and will really mis the sleekness and efficiency of the Mac OS but people work efficiently in Windows world professionally every day. Considering going with Puget Sound custom designed machines and a maintenance contract to fix anything that acts up. The downtime and glitches of dealing with problematic products like BlackMagic Designs hardware on Mac has me frustrated and ready to jump. Is anyone editing 4K to 1080 on system that is running super smooth and not pausing playback or hanging up skipping audio when viewing longer content?
If so, what are you using?
We have 5 workstations to convert so I am not looking forward to this jump, but apple support has me raging.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 All Rights Reserved