ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Relocating Premiere Projects and Corresponding Files

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Lauren Kaiser
Relocating Premiere Projects and Corresponding Files
on Mar 21, 2019 at 2:59:22 pm

I could use some advice regarding archiving and relocating.

This is my situation, I am in the process of trying to relocate/archive several projects from a raid array to a network drive that has been set up for archival. On the raid array there are several folders and each folder contains an Adobe Premiere Project, the corresponding clips of raw footage and then the finished export.

I need to move the entire folder, but I was worried that just copying and pasting the entire folder might cause the project to not be able to find the source clips. Is this a valid concern if I am moving the entire folder? I will say I've done a few tests and everything seems to work have fine simply from copying and pasting, which is not what I expected.

What it comes down to is, is it okay to copy and paste the entire folder or do I need to use Project Manager? I'm only moderately familiar with using Project Manager, and while it seems simple enough, I have to relocate hundreds if not thousands of folders and projects so having to open each project and in many cases have to convert it so it is compatible with the newest version of Premiere and then go back and bring in the finished exported version is going to be a lot more time consuming than a simple copy paste.

If anyone can provide some insight into my predicament it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]