ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Re: How are you calibrating external SDI displays?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Dan Powers
Re: How are you calibrating external SDI displays?
on Mar 18, 2019 at 4:19:05 pm

Tero that makes sense except setting the monitor itself. I can see how sending the monitor a "LUT" corrected image is one thing, but what if the monitor is all jacked up. So the probe on the monitor makes the LUT offset the jacked up monitor settings? Sounds less than ideal but ok I can see how that could work.

It seems that there is no software that will take a probe, look at the monitor and a signal feed and advise you where to adjust the actual monitor values. Then I could set up each monitor to display correctly wihout sending the signal to a lut box.

So you use Resolve and Calman or Lightspace? So I assume you are on a PC/Windows machine. Neither of those make Mac OS versions...
I have yet to find a color tool (software and probe) that will send an image signal to the SDI video card unless it was a rare card that allows the OS as an extended desktop to the SDI output. BMD used to offer that but killed it. Bastards.

If you have more than one monitor connected to your SDI feed then you are going to need a LUT box for every monitor... right? So instead of adjusting every monitor, you adjust every LUT box for every monitor? What LUT box are you using? I need to correct about 10 large LCD monitors in our facility. Joy. Fun. Not.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]