ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Advice on system for independent movie editing

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jerry Sneede
Advice on system for independent movie editing
on Sep 16, 2018 at 9:54:00 pm

Hi - I have an editing job coming up where I'll need to put together a system adequate to edit an independent film. It will be in 4K and I am hoping in camera raw. I've been an editor for years but haven't worked on anything like this before, so any advice would be appreciated.

I want to color correct in Resolve and edit in Premiere. Is this going to be a pain? Would it be better to edit in Resolve? (This would be a first project editing in Resolve if I did, so of course I'd rather stick with what I know and use Premiere for the edit).

I don't have a huge budget for the computer system, so I need to find the minimum that will do. I realize a PC will be much cheaper, but the director has expressed his desire to work with a Mac (I did tell him all the software works the same on both, and I really don't care either way as long as it works well). I have used Macs forever, so I'm not familiar with what is good when it comes to PCs.

As for Macs, I've read a lot of good things about the iMac (iMac Pro would be out of my budget range probably). I'm not sure if either of these would be good when it comes to raw, and they can't be upgraded. I'm thinking the Mac Pro is the way to go if going with Mac, but I don't know what level of one I'd need.

Here's my question: can someone suggest a good but not outrageously expensive Mac route, and the same for PC?

Also, any suggestions for good but not crazy expensive monitors for color correction.

Also - any advice on what to look out for and do differently when it comes to putting together a movie that will be possibly shown at film festivals and possibly Netflix?

I know, that's a lot. But thank you for any suggestions.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]