ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Re: Zoom into image while keeping the same pillarbox ratio

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jamie Carsten
Re: Zoom into image while keeping the same pillarbox ratio
on Aug 29, 2018 at 5:17:42 am

Ah yes that does make sense. So with the pen tool I draw the mask (any tips on drawing straight with the pen tool? 😂). Then stretch the corners to the edge of the image like the below video? This does for the first time allow me to scale the main image without it growing or shrinking within the overall frame size. A positive step! The only thing is the pen tool isn't totally precise and doing this with 100+ images might lead to slight differences in the amount of pillarboxing. I guess a neccessary evil if there's no other way. If I want the blurry background effect do I just replace the black with a blurred copy of the image?

now customize each stills size so that each still fills the pillarboxed frame and move the anchor point of each slide to the center of the frame.

nest all of your stills

I got a little confused with these two points. Is the first point about taking that original black masked clip and putting it over all the images with the same aspect ratio? I assume this wouldn't work though if I wanted each background to be a blurred copy of the main image, similar to the love heart clip in my earlier post?

For the second point, I understand what nesting is from some YouTube vids I just watched. Is the idea of doing this just to create a cleaner workspace? Am I nesting the stills with the black masked clips?

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]