ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Re: What do I loose when I rename clips

COW Forums : Sony Catalyst

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jeff Pulera
Re: What do I loose when I rename clips
on Aug 20, 2018 at 5:09:10 pm

You could transcode the clips you want to keep to a high-quality intermediate codec like ProRes on Mac, or DNxHD on PC, and in the process rename and then you will have stand-alone clips that are not dependent on the original file structure and sidecar files being intact. This would also allow you to ignore/discard out-takes you will never use, which would have to otherwise be kept as part of original SD card structure.

The downside of this process is of course the extra time involved in transcoding, and the new files will typically be much larger than the originals so more storage, although big storage is pretty inexpensive these days. The new clips will edit easier than the more highly-compressed camera original clips.

Check out Adobe Prelude CC, which is like Lightroom for video. Sony Catalyst is similar for a log and transcode workflow. Either of these apps will aid greatly in being able to ORGANIZE your footage as well, rather than being forced to keep original files and folders with the generic naming.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]