ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Re: Premiere Editors - Your thoughts on a few things...

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Tom Laughlin
Re: Premiere Editors - Your thoughts on a few things...
on Aug 13, 2018 at 9:58:17 pm

It seems that if or when Premiere is used on a film, there is this big push to quiet that news down, or boast it up for marketing. I wrote into "American Cinema Editor" magazine and told them that it felt like the magazine was not being as editorially equitable towards Premiere, versus Avid. When Deadpool came out, there was a streamlined workflow that was highlighted in many Adobe sponsored interviews with the director and the post supervisor, Vashi, and yet how quickly a rebuttal came in next month's ACE magazine about how there were so many problems with the Deadpool (Premiere Pro) workflow. I'm only mentioning this because, it seems like there are actually a lot more editors now on Premiere in Hollywood, I suspect, that people are saying or noting, but I could be wrong. I do think for the block-buster films, there are seasoned traditional editors who's entire life having spent on Avid, have the reputation to carry the Avid workflow and name. It really does feel back and forth on several levels. There is a huge post house here in Salt Lake, known as an Avid post house, and I know for a fact a majority of their editors are cutting on Premiere. So, it's interesting to see the status of the industry right now. And thanks everyone for your comments, and future comments!

Tom Laughlin
Producer/Editor
Salt Lake City, Utah
digitalchophouse.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]